Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR)
The following persons are not required to obtain Emigration Check Stamp at the time of going abroad:
1. Persons going abroad in managerial capacity in:
c. Tea-Houses; or
d. Other places of public resort
possessing specialised degrees in these fields.
2. All Gazetted Government servants.
3. All income-tax payers in their individual capacity. These include agricultural income-tax payees.
Proof of assessment to income-tax and actual payment for the last 3 years will be insisted upon and not merely payment of advance tax.
4. All professional degree holders like:
a. Doctors holding MBBS Degree in Ayurved or Homeopathy;
b. Accredited Journalists;
d. Chartered Accountants;
e. Cost Accountants;
h. Scientists; and
i. Advocates, etc.
5. Spouses and dependent children (upto the age of 24 years) of all the above categories of persons.
6. All persons who have been staying abroad for more than three years, (the period of three years could be either at a stretch or broken) and spouses and children (upto the age of 24) of such persons.
7. Seamen who are in possession of CDC and Sea Cadets.
8. All holders of Diplomatic / Official Passports.
9. Dependent children of parents whose passports are classified as ECNR.
10. Persons holding permanent Immigration Visas, such as the visas of UK, USA and Australia.
11. Persons holding graduate or higher degrees.
12. Persons holding 3 years diploma equivalent to degree from recognised Institutions like polytechnics.
13. Nurses possessing qualifications recognised under the Indian Nursing Council Act, 1947.
14. All persons above the age of 60 years.
Emigration Check Required
Workers / Employees going abroad for employment are required to obtain Emmigration Check Stamp before leaving India. The following points should be noted in this regard:
||Specially printed adhesive stamp will be pasted in the passport of workers going out for employment.
||Entries necessary for grant of emmigration clearance will be made in these adhesive stamps.
||This will be signed by Protector of Emigrants.
||Emigration clearance to individuals shall be granted on the same day on which the application is made.
||Even where the clearance is required for groups, it is given on the same day.
|| Emigration clearance will be granted to certain categories of skilled / semi-skilled workers for period of 6 months when they apply through authorised recruting agents with passport containing valid employment visa.
||No emigration clearance is required for visiting Bangladesh, Pakistan and all countries in Europe and North America.
Clearance | Formalities | Protector